Re: CURRRENT snapshot won't boot due missing ZFS feature

From: Michael Gmelin <grembo_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2023 17:06:23 UTC

On Thu, 8 Jun 2023 16:20:12 +0000
Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 08, 2023 at 06:11:15PM +0200, Michael Gmelin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I didn't dig into this yet.
> >
> > After installing the current 14-snapshot (June 1st) in a bhyve-vm, I
> > get this on boot:
> >
> >   ZFS: unsupported feature: com.klarasystems:vdev_zaps_v2
> >
> > (booting stops at this point)
> >
> > Seems like the boot loader is missing this recently added feature.
> >

> Can you try today's snapshot?  They are propagated to most mirrors
> now.

Tried today's snaphot, same problem.

  # reboot
  Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop... done
  Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...
  Syncing disks, vnodes remaining... 0 0 0 0 done
  All buffers synced.
  Uptime: 4m14s
  Consoles: userboot

  FreeBSD/amd64 User boot lua, Revision 1.2
  ZFS: unsupported feature: com.klarasystems:vdev_zaps_v2
  ERROR: cannot open /boot/lua/loader.lua: no such file or directory.

  Type '?' for a list of commands, 'help' for more detailed help.
  OK

That's after installing CURRENT in a fresh vm managed by vm-bhyve using
bsdinstall's automatic ZFS option.

Best
Michael

--