Re: Build failure: main-n259988-48dc9150ac36 -> main-n260011-40bb52c89b87

From: Gary Jennejohn <garyj_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 19:51:44 UTC
On Thu, 12 Jan 2023 10:37:34 -0700
Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 4:44 AM David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
> wrote:
>
> > > I had this problem also.  After deleting obj/usr the buildworld
> succeeded.

> > Empirically:
> >         rm -fr /usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/usr.sbin/zic
> >
> > got through the issue on my build machine.  (I expect that it will also
> > do so on the others where I track head, but they are presently building
> > lang/rust.)
> >
> > Perhaps an UPDATING entry would suffice?
> >

> NO_CLEAN is the new default, so we need to fix this. There's a place that
> we can add this workaround, which is why I cc'd emaste (who wrote the
> framework) and des (who made the commit).

I actually initially ran:

pushd /usr/src;make clean;time make -s -j14 buildworld;popd

which didn't fix the problem because the .meta files were apparently not
removed.  That's why I ended up deleting obj/usr, since it guaranteed that
the buildworld would really run in a clean environment.

--
Gary Jennejohn