Re: kabylake + drm-515-kmod/drm-510-kmod hangs

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 18:53:13 UTC

On 8/21/23 11:24, Mark Johnston wrote:

> Does your system have the debug.debugger_on_panic sysctl set to 1?  If
> so, does setting it to 0 allow the system to reboot following the hang?

oh fantastic, yea that works - thanks for the heads up!

> Commit cedc82c0466a in src changed the layout of a structure used by a
> stub in the GPU firmware kernel modules.  If you rebuild the one(s) you
> need from ports, does the problem persist?
>
> FWIW I had to do this:
>
> $ cd /usr/ports/graphics/gpu-firmware-intel-kmod
> $ sudo make reinstall FLAVOR=kabylake

bingo that was it.  i missed that change, thanks for pointing that out
Mark.  I'm able to load the i915kms module now.

next step is figuring out why the nvidia-drm module is causing a panic
(this is one of those funky intel + nvidia GPU laptops).  but i get a
core on that, and having the intel gpu load allows me to run X at least.

thanks everyone!
-pete

--
Pete Wright