Re: ZFS deadlock in 14

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 15:45:41 UTC
Dag-Erling_Smørgrav <des_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote on
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 13:00:27 UTC :

> Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > Unfortunately I think the current code in main should still suffer
> > from this specific deadlock. cd25b0f740 fixes some deadlocks in this
> > area, may be that is why you are getting issues less often, but I
> > don't believe it fixes this specific one, may be you was just lucky.
>
> Yep, it took a while but I got a deadlock with unmodified 4f14d4b6b7.

Are any of you testing based on USE_TMPFS=no and such, so that
ZFS handles all file system activity, while allowing multiple
builders to be active as well? In my case, I also have:
ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS=yes

In my testing, pkg builds and then the other builders report
"Builder starting" but end up stuck waiting in a loop with
timeouts involved ("vlruwk") before ever reporting any more.
Some progress is made in the original builder before I
eventually stop poudriere-devel.

Am I the only one that gets such behavior for this kind of
context?

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com