Re: changes to the zfs boot (was: Re: git: 72a1cb05cd23 - main - rc(8): Add a zpoolupgrade rc.d script)

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2022 20:53:59 UTC
On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 12:47 PM Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@leidinger.net>
wrote:

> Quoting Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> (from Wed, 9 Nov 2022 08:54:33
> -0700):
>
> > as well. I'd settle for a good script that could be run as root (better
> > would be not as root) that would take a filesystem that was created
> > by makefs -t zfs and turn on these features after an zpool upgrade.
> > I have the vague outlines of a test suite for the boot loader that I
> > could see about integrating something like that into, but most of my
> > time these days is chasing after 'the last bug' in some kboot stuff I'm
> > working on (which includes issues with our ZFS in the boot loader
> > integration).
>
> How would you test a given image? bhyve/qemu/...?

I have a script that creates a number of image files and a number of qemu
scripts that look
like the following:

/home/imp/git/qemu/00-build/qemu-system-aarch64 -nographic -machine
virt,gic-version=3 -m 512M -smp 4 \
        -cpu cortex-a57 \
        -drive
file=/home/imp/stand-test-root/images/arm64-aarch64/linuxboot-arm64-aarch64-zfs.img,if=none,id=drive0,cache=writeback
\
        -device virtio-blk,drive=drive0,bootindex=0 \
        -drive
file=/home/imp/stand-test-root/bios/edk2-arm64-aarch64-code.fd,format=raw,if=pflash
\
        -drive
file=/home/imp/stand-test-root/bios/edk2-arm64-aarch64-vars.fd,format=raw,if=pflash
\
        -monitor telnet::4444,server,nowait \
        -serial stdio $*

There's a list of these files that's generated and looks to see if it gets
to the 'success' echo in the minimal root I have for them.

Warner