Re: Dragonfly Mail Agent (dma) in the base system

From: Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie_at_catflap.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 22:16:26 UTC
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> wrote:

> In message <202202061553.216Fr0Yt071775@donotpassgo.dyslexicfish.net>,
> Jamie La
> ndeg-Jones writes:
> > Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@cschubert.com> wrote:
> >
> > > dma doesn't support SMTP submission, we may need to review various port
> > > default options or whether ports even support it.
> >
> > Good catch.
>
> You misquoted me. Read my email again!

Sorry, I read it again, but it still looks to me as "some ports only work via
SMTP submission, so they will need to be looked at."

I suggested an alternative of instead, "emulating" the SMTP submission
functionality (but maybe in a better way that my suggested hack, though)

After all, it isn't just ports - there could be other third party stuff
that only works via submission too.

So, to avoid breaking functionality, smtp submission is something to think
about continuing supporting, hence my use of the phrase "good catch".

Is this not correct?

cheers, Jamie