Re: problem with re(4) interface

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 17:55:08 UTC
On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 10:51 AM Chuck Tuffli <ctuffli@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 9:34 AM Chris <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 2021-11-22 08:47, Chuck Tuffli wrote:
> > > Running on a recent-ish -current
> > > # uname -a
> > > FreeBSD stargate.tuffli.net 14.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT
> > > main-81b22a9892 GENERIC  amd64
> > >
> > > I'm having trouble using the second NIC interface in a bridge to
> provide
> > > network connectivity to bhyve VMs and need some help figuring out what
> is
> > > wrong.
> > Because there's subtle differences between them; are you using the re
> driver
> > from base, or from ports?
>
> The driver is from base. Didn't realize there was one in ports.

The ports driver is tricky... It's an older, buggier version of the base
driver... *BUT*
a number of issues that aren't fixed in base are fixed in it (mostly
dealing better with
errata)...  Ideally, we'd pull in the actual fixes from this driver, but
it's a huge patch-set
where it's unclear which bits are for what thing fixed, so nobody (that I
know of) has
gone through and even come up with an ugly patch for -current.

Warner