panic when connecting or disconnecting A/C power

From: Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 20:39:17 UTC
Hi all,
[this is the continuation and update of a thread I incorrectly started in
the forum (
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/panic-when-connecting-or-disconnecting-a-c-power.81550/)-
sorry about that]

my Ryzen 4700-powered HP Probook running Current as of July 10 is now
capable of suspend&resume (I assume thx to drm-devel from the same date). I
did a "pkg update" + "pkg upgrade" just today. BIOS is also at the latest
available. Laptop boots fine with or without power connected.

Whenever I connect or disconnect A/C power, it panics immediately and drops
me into kdb.

Since at that moment I'm dropped into the console at that moment, I only
see part of the stack backtraces - two of them to be precise:
The first seems to be be repeated several times; I see two instances
thereof, it starts with
Code:

WARNING !dmr_modeset_is_locked(plane->mutex) failed at ...
#0 0xf.... at linux_dump_stack+0x23

the second one has cpuid and a timestamp and then:
Code:

KDB: stack backtrace:
<stuff that looks fairly standard trap handling>
--- trap 0xc, rip ... --
amdgpu_pm_acpi_event_handler() at amdgpu_pm_acpi_event_handler+0x69/frame 0x...
amdgpu_acpi_event() at amdgpu_acpi_event+0x62/frame 0x...
linux_handle_acpi_acad_event() at linux_handle_acpi_acad_event+0x3c/frame 0x...

this happens on resume if I disconnect power during sleep.

I think it may be relevant that I'm seeing tons of these three messages in
the logs and on the text console:

Code:

Jul 31 18:02:30 hbeast kernel: Firmware Error (ACPI):
AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT, Index (0x000000005) is beyond end of object
(length 0x5) (20210604/exoparg2-569)
Jul 31 18:02:30 hbeast kernel: ACPI Error: Aborting method \_TZ.GTTP
due to previous error (AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT) (20210604/psparse-689)
Jul 31 18:02:30 hbeast kernel: ACPI Error: Aborting method
\_TZ.CHGZ._TMP due to previous error (AE_AML_PACKAGE_LIMIT)
(20210604/psparse-689)

... roughly every ten seconds.

I'd be grateful for any pointers or advice to get my power management fixed.
I have yet to test w/o graphics driver (as someone suggested I do).

regards & TIA
Michael
--
Michael Schuster