Re: https://github.com/pftf/RPi4 unusable for FreeBSD since at least Sept 2023

From: void <void_at_f-m.fm>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 13:31:24 UTC
Hello,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024, at 18:01, Mike Karels wrote:

> Just for the record, I have 14.0 running on an rpi4 on a USB SSD, and had
> no problems setting it up.  I think I just copied the boot partition from
> the SD image.  I didn't use bsdinstall, however.  Also, I just booted and
> configured this week's 15-current snapshot on an SD card with no problem.

Writing 14-stable rpi image to usb3 (from another freebsd box), unplugging it
then plugging it into the usb3 port of the rpi4 then booting works for me.
Same goes for -current. This installation method creates MBR partitions with
all of freebsd on / which I don't want.

I wanted several ufs partitions (I don't want zfs at all) and GPT which is why
I went down the bsdinstall route.

For some reason, copying the boot partition from the sd card and rebooting
to usb3 didn't work for me, the last time I tried it. It has worked in the past.
That's when I entered the rabbit hole of trying the latest from pftf/RPi4.