vchiq_core.c fails to compile when using KERNCONF=GENERIC-VCHIQ

From: Fred G. Finster <fred_at_thegalacticzoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 06:27:31 UTC
Hello Scott,

I have a Raspberry Pi 4B with 8 gigs of dram.  I added the Marco patch
file Revision D37878 last year Sept 5, 2022 and was quite happy with
playing youtube.com videos and having sound come out the TV/Monitor HDMI
audio speakers.

Now I have updated to the latest FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT software, and
having compile errors.

https://ghostbsd-arm64.blogspot.com/2022/09/freebsd-140-compiling-kernel-for.html
Here is Sept 7 2022 blog post about patching for HDMI Audio

Here is my blog describing the error and how to reproduce this compile
error.  I corrected the few files by editing several files to compile
the /usr/src with make -j4 buildkernel KERNCONF=GENERIC-VCHIQ with out
errors.

edited files:  vchiq_core.c vchiq_kern_lib.c vchiq_shim.c vchiq_2835_arm.c

cd /usr/src

time make -j4 buildkernel  TARGET_ARCH=aarch64 KERNCONF=GENERIC-VCHIQ
-DNO_CLEAN

https://ghostbsd-arm64.blogspot.com/2023/08/vchiqcorec-freebsd-140-current-has.html
Here is the error written up

Can you point to the page in the handbook for correctly making patch
files, either using  git diff or diff -u or diff -C 5

Please help a newbie to have a correctly working flow, to create patch
files that you can test.  What every I need to do to make it easy for you.

How many people use a Raspberry Pi 4B with a FreeBSD desktop like XFCE4
or MATE?.  How many use the HDMI Audio function of the Raspberry Pi 4B
to have audio come out the TV/Monitor speakers? instead of the 3.5mm
jack or useing USB headphones?

https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/freebsd-arm/2022-September/001718.html
Sept 7 2022 email about VCHIQ sound working on Raspberry Pi 4B.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D37878  revision

I was doing this work with FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT source code files.

I can share patch files for updating the files, but What I have made are
not exactly working for my use, so could use an example to make a
correct patch file.

Just a note to make contact, and asking how to proceed.  Sorry for the
noise. I will read the fine FreeBSD Handbook.

Fred Finster

fred@thegalacticzoo.com

ps.  In working to be complete, it seems the details make a short email
long, trying to explain completely.

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=343233 HDMI Audio sound
writeup on RaspberryPi.com forums

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=343233#p2074412 post with
mention at 12 minutes on https://BSDNOW.tv/489 podcast

Advertising FreeBSD running on Raspberry Pi 4B aarch64