Re: unable to boot latest 14-stable

From: Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 04:45:48 UTC
On Wed, Oct 11, 2023, 10:36 PM void <void@f-m.fm> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2023, at 04:25, Warner Losh wrote:
>
> > This has never changed.
>
> Are changes to the EFI/msdos documented/announced?

Not really. ZFS changes are not documented apart from git log. EFI changes
to base are documented when there are user visible changes...

But as I've said several times, for base, zpool upgrade is the only time
loader.efi needs to be updated in the ESP.

But there are many pieces here. The EFI firmware for rpi comes from pkg
bits. There's a lot going on there that's random because u-boot can be
random. And it kinda sounds like this is what happened to you.

Warner