Re: reboot broken on RPi4 on main [breaks at git: e6cf1a0826c9 - main - physmem: add ram0 pseudo-driver]

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 00:05:58 UTC
On Feb 25, 2023, at 08:09, Mike Karels <mike@karels.net> wrote:

> I verified that the current kernel can reboot if it was booted
> with hint.ram.0.disabled=“1” in /boot/device.hints.

My boot media that are used with RPi*'s also boot other
types of systems --and I use them that way at times.

So far, I do not see a way to limit hint.ram.0.disabled
use to RPi*'s other than just remembering to adjust
/boot/device.hints every time I move the media to or
from a RPi* from or to some other type of system.

More likely hint.ram.0.disabled will end up just
always being used for media that can boot RPi*'s,
at least as long as "shutdown -r now" would otherwise
be broken on the RPi* 's.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com