Re: Odd sysctl -a output on armv7 alpha1

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 03:00:40 UTC
On Aug 16, 2023, at 18:37, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> Ordinarily one can read cpu temperature by using
> # sysctl -a | grep -i emper
> hw.cpufreq.temperature: 65209
> dev.cpu.0.temperature: 64.6C
>
> This example is on a Pi4 running -current.
>
> On a fresh install of armv7 alpha1 (pi2, v1.1) I get
> # sysctl -a | grep -i emper
> #
>
> There are also a few stray brackets:
> sleeping_thread_stacks = {
> },
>
> Perhaps not wrong, but certainly unexpected.
>
> This is on the fresh install, so maybe it'll
> clear up after a sucessful build/install cycle.

Sun, 13 Aug 2023
. . .
git: 69f8cc60aa1e - main - ofw_firmware: Only match if there is no compatible Emmanuel Vadot

is a fix that ends up re-enabling cpufreq on RPi*'s. It later got
an improvement update:

Tue, 15 Aug 2023
. . .
git: 81b41b2ef5bf - main - ofw_firmware: Return BUS_PROBE_GENERIC instead of 0 Emmanuel Vadot

The fix should be in the next RPi* snapshots.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com