Re: u-boot debug, was: Re: U-boot on RPI3, sees disk but won't boot it

From: Klaus_Küchemann <maciphone2_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:19:12 UTC

> Am 30.09.2022 um 20:36 schrieb Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>:
> I've little clue what would interfere with its
> operation in this specific way.
…also no clue but:
Some months/years ago I filed a bug report(RockChip) with a similar issue(pcie/M2.nvme),
where the nvme was sometimes detected, but mostly not detected(by u-boot)…
I closed the bug report after the manufacturer posted that this was a hardware-issue,
caused by an onboard regulator chip , which was then replaced in the next hardware revision.
the question now is if we can workaround those issues by port resets or timeout-hacks inside u-boot… if we think it’s worth the effort
for this device.. USB expert help would be very appreciated ;-)

Regards

Klaus