HoneyCombs and such: looks like over time it will be switching to DeviceTree-based development from ACPI-based.

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 06:53:41 UTC
The SolidRun Discord message that is relevant said:

"After this next UEFI release, I will only be focusing on
fully SystemReady IR (not certified though) for our Aarch64
platforms"

SystemRead IR is DeviceTree based.

A related note relative to DeviceTree and being
rather Linux tied lead to the following:

"This is something I have already pointed out about
SystemReady IR and device-tree.  I will re-focus my
efforts on a global device-tree repository that is
separated from Linux"

As to why: In summary, getting patch sets through for
ACPI (SystemReady ES type of context) to enable
functionality has proved too much and too slow over the
years of trying. Thus the change of direction after the
next UEFI update.

(Read the recent Discord material to guard against any
misinterpretation on my part in my attempted summary
above.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com