Re: Troubles building world on stable/13

From: Mark Millard <marklmi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:13:08 UTC
On 2022-Jan-25, at 08:22, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 10:29:08AM -0800, Mark Millard wrote:
>>
>> That last is a bad wording on my part: corrupted source
>> code is not likely to be the problem.
>
> If this is in fact a bug it seems to be private and bites only me.
> An attempt to build devel/llvm13 using -DBATCH failed in the same
> way.

-DBATCH ? I'm not aware of there being any use of that symbol.
Do you have a documentation reference for it so that I could
read about it?

> However, restarting buildworld using -j1 appears to have worked past
> the former point of failure.

Hmm. That usually means one (or both) of two things was involved
in the failure:

A) a build race where something is not (fully) ready when
   it is used

B) running out of resources, such as RAM+SWAP

But, as I understand, you were able to use a .cpp and
.sh file pair that had been produced to repeat the
problem on the RPi3B --and that would not have been a
parallel-activity context.

> It's in the building libraries phase now.
> Based on log size I'd guess it's about halfway through buildworld.

Well, hopefully you will not be stuck with -j1 builds in
the future as well.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com