OpenZFS still stable on armv7?

From: Soeren Lorenz <solo_public_at_protonmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 18:45:56 UTC
Hi all,

I'm having a hard time to get FreeBSD-13 running on a Helios4. It's a quite well equipped SBC with 2GB RAM and four SATA channels. I know the issues with ZFS on 32 bit platforms and fiddled already with the suggestions from https://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide#i386. Still I just don't get it running.

No matter what kmem_size or how small the ARC - it only extends the time ZFS works until the whole machine hangs. There are no OOM warnings or any error messages at all. First the ZFS processes stop working while everything else still seems to respond, then no new processes can be started until everything just freezes. I tried 13/release and 13/stable - no difference.

I think the memory management was considerably changed with OpenZFS. So what of this old vm adjustment stuff is still relevant? What could be the next debugging steps? Could anybody with insights lend me a hand?

Regards,

Soeren