13.0-RELEASE Poor performance on Raspberry pi 3 B+

From: Juan David Hurtado G <jdhurtado_at_orbiware.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 02:42:25 UTC
Hi, I'm trying to use the OS on a Raspberry pi 3 B+

Boot is pretty slow. It hangs on `ue0: Ethernet addresss: ...` for some
minutes before showing the `login:` to enter the username. When I enter it,
it takes a few seconds to ask for the password.

While doing `freebsd-update fetch install` it took a plenty of minutes, so
I canceled the process and then did `freebsd-update fetch` and then
`freebsd-update install` to see what was going on.

Found that the process was at `wdraid` state. Doing a simple search, I
found about `vfs.hirunningspace` so I tweaked it to 1Mb and then to 2Mb. It
seems to help, but not by much. Look at this:

freebsd@generic:~ % time freebsd-version -kru
13.0-RELEASE-p4
13.0-RELEASE-p4
13.0-RELEASE-p5
0.365u 0.045s 0:41.25 0.9%    20+177k 14+0io 0pf+0w

:(

What could I be missing? Maybe I need to tweak partitions and use some kind
of configuration/optimization? how? I do appreciate any guidance you can
provide in order to troubleshoot this.

PS: I don't think it is the microsd card since it runs raspios fine.

PS2: The red led is turned off at the boot process so no way of knowing
visually if the pi is running. Weird is that the led turned on again after
`shutdown -p now` hehe.

--
Juan David Hurtado G