Re: removal of ctm delta mail lists on @freebsd.org

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.com>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 13:23:05 UTC

Maybe developers@ is some alias ? Not listed on
	https://lists.freebsd.org/archives/
	https://lists.freebsd.org/

> I planned to decommission other ctm-* mailing
> lists, but I don't remember who asked me to keep ctm-users.

> > > As far as we're concerned, ctm died with cvs, two revision control
> > > migrations ago.
> >
> > Wrong.  Perhaps that mis conception was common & helped discourage
> > CTM. In fact CTM ran fine with SVN for years.  CTM is still generating
> > on all streams that are bled across from git to legacy svn.
> >
> > Maybe later I or someone else will get time to revise the CTM
> > generator scripts for git.
> >
> > >  It's a lot cheaper to reject spam directed at its
> > > corpse with "mailbox doesn't exist" at the gate on mx1 than to let the
> > > message get as far as mlmmj and reject or bounce it there.
> >
> > Well you will now only get spam directed at those lists, no real
> > mail fed from ctm delta gnerator scripts, so by all means pipe them
> > at /dev/null or whatever.
> >
> > Only exceptions:
> > 	ctm-users@ this discussion list to continue please
> >
> > 	ctm-announce@
> > 		that list is useless & should be closed (if not
> > 		already) Stephen the chief ctm generator had no
> > 		password to announce to it, &/or preferred to use
> > 		ctm-users@ He has retired from ctm, I'm running the
> > 		ctm generator, I too have no password to send
> > 		announcements to ctm-announce@, so it's long been
> > 		useless.
>
> Yes that was the plan, and you confirm ctm-announce should be decommissioned.

Yes, ctm-announce@ can be decommissioned, thanks,
  ( It won't be needed unless there's a big increase in CTM usage,
  which won't happen unless I or someone else converts ctm scripts
  to use git instead of svn, & may well not be needed even then as
  most people prefer the live Pull model rather than Push deltas by mail . )

> To moderate, you don't need a password anymore.

(Didn't know that, I've only run majordomo & mailman2, not mlmmj )

> but I need the name of the
> moderators. In the mailman setup neither you, nor Stephen were listed in the
> moderators, or not explicitly at least.
>
> So either I decommission ctm-announce@ or I set you both as moderators. Up to
> you.

Names from ctm-users@ Tue, 13 Apr 2021 cc'd
	Stephen Montgomery-Smith <montgomerysmithstephen@gmail.com>
	"Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
(in case you might prefer to first put ctm-announce@ on ice, then delete later)

Cheers,
--
Julian Stacey  http://berklix.com/jhs/ http://stolenVotes.uk
Arm Ukraine, kill Putin mass murderer causing global grain & fuel shortage.